10 Minute Enchilada Sauce
Enjoy enchilada night – real food style! Smokey, spicy, sweet and tangy this enchilada sauce has nothing on canned, and only 10 minutes to simmer stovetop!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 TB friendly fat to cook in butter, lard, avocado oil etc
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 TB chili powder
- 1 TB cumin
- 1/8 tsp chipotle pepper powder or more if you want more heat
- 3 tsp honey
- 15 oz organic tomato sauce I get mine at Costco
- 1 cup bone broth or water
- Sea salt /pepper to taste)
Melt a couple of TB of friendly fat in a sauce pan and cook the onion with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the rest of the ingredients and low simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Puree the sauce with handheld blender or in a blender until smooth and then sea salt and pepper to taste.