Cream of Zucchini Soup
Perfectly creamy, filled with rich amazing flavor, and loaded with fresh garden zucchini, this cream of zucchini soup will become your favorite use of all that summer zucchini!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup or so of butter to cook in or tallow/lard, coconut oil, avocado oil
- 2 small/medium onions coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks coarsely chopped
- 5-6 medium zucchini coarsely chopped
- 5-6 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 quarts bone broth homemade preferable for more nutrients but use what you have
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne this is optional if you don't like heat - it is still really good without it
- Sea salt/pepper to taste If your broth was unseasoned be sure to season liberally
- Whole sour cream and chives to garnish the top
Melt your butter in a soup pot and add the onion, carrot, celery, and zucchini along with a big pinch of sea salt to draw out the veggie's juices to sweeten them. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the broth and cayenne and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
Blend the soup with an immersion blender (or in a regular blender in batches), and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with a dollop of whole sour cream and chopped chives if you want!