Chicken Zoodle Soup
All the comforting taste and aroma of Grandma’s chicken noodle soup with a new twist! Packed with more mineral rich veggies and still the amazing chicken noodle soup flavor!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup or so of friendly fat to cook in butter, pastured tallow or lard, coconut oil, leftover pastured bacon grease
- 2 medium onions
- 6 medium carrots chopped
- 6 medium celery stalks chopped
- 5 large cloves of garlic minced
- 2 quarts bone broth homemade preferable for more nutrients but use what you have
- 2 cups cooked chicken I crockpot or oven roaster a couple whole chickens at a time and keep the meat chopped or shredded in the freezer to quickly pull out
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne if you want more heat you can add more! You can leave it out if you wish but the slight heat is so good in the soup!
- 6 medium zucchinis spirilized
- Sea salt/pepper to taste generously season with sea salt if your bone broth was unseasoned
Melt the friendly fat in your stockpot over medium heat, add the onion, carrot, and celery with a big pinch of sea salt and cook over medium heat slowly over about 10-15 minutes to bring out their juices and sweeten them. This is where that broth is going to get all of it's amazing flavor!
Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the bone broth, chicken, and seasoning and bring to a simmer.
Add the spirilized zucchini and cook for about 3-5 minutes. It will seem like you need more liquid - do NOT add more! The zucchini will let off a lot of liquid once it cooks and the salt hits it. You can always add more broth if you want a brothier soup - but wait the few minutes to see how much liquid comes off the zucchini first!