Molasses Protein Snack Bars
Warm, sweet, and rich all in a little bar that packs a big nourishment punch with minerals and protein – this molasses snack bar is perfect for busy days and on the go snacks!
Servings: 12 bars
- 2 cups quinoa I get the linked brand at Costco
- 4 cups buckwheat flour I get mine in bulk at our health food store
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds I get mine in bulk at our health food store
- 1 cup avocado oil I get mine at Costco
- 3/4 cup organic molasses Sometimes our Costco has this brand otherwise I get it on Amazon
- 1/4 cup raw honey If you want it sweeter you can double this. I get mine from a local farmer. If you do not have local access THIS is a good brand.
- 2 TB vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sea salt
Put the quinoa, buckwheat flour, lemon juice, and water in a large mixing bowl, combine, and soak overnight or 8-12 hours. This soaking process breaks down the phytic acid and helps the grain and seed digest better on the gut - it also makes their nutrients more available to absorb!
After the mixture soaks, add the rest of the ingredients, stir to combine, and spread out on a silpat or parchment paper lined large jellyroll pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, cool, and cut into bar size you want.