Spatchcock BBQ Chicken
Once you learn how to spatchcock a chicken you won't cook it any other way. It's quick and so delicious.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 whole pastured chicken split down the back (mine are anywhere from 4-6 pounds)
- 3-4 TB butter (or olive oil or avocado oil for the bottom of the pan and surface of the chicken
- 1 cup or so of BBQ sauce This 5 minute BBQ sauce is so good and no junk ingredients! If you purchase store bought just check those labels for corn syrup, preservatives, etc
- 1 onion sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
Butter the bottom of a large baking sheet or jelly roll pan, lay slices of onion on top, and garlic on top of the onions.
Put the butterflied chicken on top of the onion rounds, and butter the surface of the chicken.
Cook at 425 degrees for 40 minutes, take it out and brush the surface of the chicken with BBQ sauce.
Place the chicken back in the oven and cook another 5-10 minutes, take it back out and brush it with more BBQ sauce. Cook another 5 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
You can use more BBQ sauce for dipping if you wish!