Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Rich and decadent, you'll wonder where this has been all your life.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup 8 oz cream cheese, softened (You can either drip off some yogurt for leftover cream cheese or use an organic store bought)
- 2 cups organic whole cream Raw preferable. Or preferably not ultra-pasteurized. We get ours locally.
- 2 TB of tapioca flour OR 2-3 pastured egg yolks if you can handle eggs.
- 3 TB pure maple syrup I get mine locally - Costco carries some as well
- 2 TB organic pure cane sugar You could sub more maple syrup or even raw honey for this if you want unrefined sugar. I get my organic cane sugar from Costco.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TB organic vodka this is optional but keeps the ice cream from getting rock hard in the freezer. If you choose to leave it out, just leave the ice cream at room temp for a bit before trying to scoop and serve.
Put the softened cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with hand beaters until smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, combine with the hand beaters, and place the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and marry the flavors together.
After chilling for 30 minutes, add the ice cream mixture to your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. My ice cream maker takes about 30 minutes.
Transfer your ice cream to a container and into the freezer to store!