Family Favorite Lasagna :: Gluten Free
Lasagna is usually a meal that everyone at the table will eat without complaint.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 box lasagna rice noodles par cooked (I timed them the last couple times I have made this and they go for about 8 minutes. Always put a little avocado or olive oil in the pot of boiling water before adding the noodles so they don’t stick. I always cook my noodles right before I want to assemble the lasagna so they don't get stuck to each other as they cool. After you drain them you can rinse a little cold water over them to stop the cooking and make them easier to handle)
- 2 TB butter to cook the mushrooms
- 1/2 lb mushrooms of choice sliced
- Cheese to top the lasagna
MEAT SAUCE ::
- 2 TB butter to cook in
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb grassfed ground beef browned
- 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
MAKE THE BECHAMEL SAUCE: ::
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour until it thickens. Add the milk, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Continue whisking over medium/high heat for about 5 or so minutes until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA ::
Spread a little of the bechamel sauce in the bottom of a small baking dish. Put one layer of the par cooked lasagna noodles over the bechamel sauce. Spread meat sauce over the noodles and dollop some of the bechamel sauce over the meat sauce. Lay down another layer of noodles. Spread bechamel over the noodles and then scatter the sauteed mushrooms over top. Lay down another layer of noodles. Spread meat sauce over the top and dollop the bechamel over top. Layer the final noodles over the top and then sprinkle the cheese over the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
TIME SAVING TIP!!! I usually make the bechamel sauce and the mushrooms at the same time. While those are cooking I chop the veg for the meat sauce and use the mushroom pan to make the meat sauce when they are done. And I boil the noodles while I am making the meat sauce. This all takes me about 20 minutes start to finish to make - once these parts are done the assembly goes really fast! You can even make the sauces and mushrooms the night before.