Tuna Salad For All Ages!
I can get this tuna salad put together in less than 10 minutes – which is priceless on a day of endless diaper changes, cups of spilled milk, and kindergarten stories to listen to.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cans wild caught tuna drained
- ½ small/medium apple quartered
- 2 stalks celery quartered
- 2 medium carrots quartered
- ½ cup crispy nuts almonds, pecans – whatever you have! If you are nut free you can use any seed of your choice or just leave them out!
- ½-1 cup mayonnaise Amount depending on how you like the consistency of your tuna salad. Homemade preferable to avoid toxic oils/preservatives in store bought – my 5 minute mayo is SO yummy!
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
Put the apple, celery, carrot, and almonds into your food processor and pulse into a medium chop. (If you don't have a food processor just chop the veggies and crush the nuts.)
Add the tuna and mayo and blend to combine – if you want a full puree go for it! (That works well if you are feeding smaller toddlers). If you are looking for a chunkier consistency just pulse to combine. Add more mayo if you wish. (If you don't have a food processor, just use a fork to mash in the tuna and mayo to mix and combine.)
Sea salt/pepper to taste, and serve in lettuce cups, tomato or cucumber rounds, as a dip for crackers, or in a rice wrap!