Simple and Quick Sweet & Sour Sauce
Sweet and sour is a classic takeout taste people crave. Skip the lines and unknown ingredients and make this with real food the next time the craving hits.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup juice from oranges you will need about 4-5 oranges
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup watch ingredients!
- 1/4 cup organic white wine vinegar
- 2 TB coconut aminos
- 1 TB honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes more if you want more heat
- 1 TB arrowroot mixed in a couple TB water to thicken
Everything but the arrowroot into a small sauce pan and bring to a slow simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Whisk in the arrowroot/water mixture until it thickens and turn off the heat. You can serve with your dinner right away or store in the fridge for a week or freezer for months.