Cinnamon Raisin Zucchini Muffins
Use up your zucchini before they get too large with these amazing gluten-free muffins.
Servings: 12 muffins
- ¼ cup whole sour cream whole milk, or whole coconut milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup honey would work too
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar don’t leave this out! It is a weird ingredient but it helps with the rise since there is no eggs, and the taste will not be there once baked – I promise!
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup grassfed cold soluble gelatin See tips for where to buy. This is to replace the eggs – if you can handle eggs, you can leave out the ¼ cup water and gelatin and use 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour or sorghum flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- Heaping ½ cup raisins
Literally put everything EXCEPT the zucchini shreds and raisins into a medium mixing bowl and blend through with handheld beaters. (The batter is a bit thick - DO NOT add more liquid - the zucchini added in will add a lot of moisture!)
Fold in the zucchini and raisins with a spatula.
Bake in silicone cups or a buttered muffin tin at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Check around the 30 minute mark in case our ovens run different.