The Perfect 1st Birthday Cupcake
Moist without eggs, and perfectly sweetened so that the vanilla flavor really shines through.
Servings: 12 cupcakes
VANILLA CUPCAKE ::
- ½ cup olive oil Butter or coconut oil would work although coconut oil might change the flavor
- 1 cup whole organic cream If you are dairy free use coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 TB apple cider vinegar DON’T leave this out – I know it is a strange ingredient and I promise you won’t taste it! It reacts with the baking soda to create the rise!
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- ¼ cup Great Lakes cold soluble gelatin the green container – see Tips section for where to get this – this helps with the bind since we aren’t using eggs!
- 1 TB baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
MAPLE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING ::
For the cupcakes, literally dump it all in and blend with hand beaters!
Scoop the batter into silicone muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Check them around the 25 minute mark in case our ovens run differently.
For the frosting you can put everything into a small mixing bowl and beat with handbeaters until smooth. If you want a thinner frosting you can use less tapioca flour.