I love taking my kids blueberry picking, and these muffins help us use up those berries!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup soft butter if you are dairy free use soft lard or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar or sucanat honey could work I think
- 2 eggs if you are egg free use an egg replacer
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour sorghum flour would work too
- 1 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups whole sour cream if you are dairy free use whole coconut milk yogurt
- 1 ½ - 2 cups fresh blueberries
Blend the butter, sugar, eggs, and lemon juice with a hand beater until just combined.
Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries, and combine.
Fold in the blueberries.
Bake in silicone muffin cups, or buttered muffin tin at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Check around that 20 minute mark in case our ovens run differently.