Strawberry & Cream Muffins
Strawberry picking makes great memories for the kids. Continue the tradition by letting them help bake these muffins.
Servings: 12 muffins
- ¾ cup soft butter if you are dairy free use soft lard or coconut oil
- ¼ - 1/3 cup organic pure cane sugar or sucanat honey could work I think
- 2 flax eggs if you can handle eggs use 2 eggs!
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups whole sour cream if you are dairy free use whole coconut milk yogurt
- 1 ½ - 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped.
Blend the butter, sugar, flax eggs, and lemon juice with a hand beater until just combined.
Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the strawberries, and beat.
Add the strawberries and fold in.
Bake in silicone muffin cups, paper cups, or buttered muffin tin at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Check around that 20 minute mark in case our ovens run differently.