A picnic or summer celebration isn't the same without coleslaw. Learn how to use real food ingredients to elevate this classic to the next level.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 small head cabbage sliced thin
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 cup whole sour cream if you are dairy free use coconut milk yogurt
- 1 TB juice from a lemon could go more if you like it more tart
- 1-2 TB raw honey local if possible!
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ - 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- ¼ - ½ tsp pepper to taste
Put the cabbage, carrots, and green onions in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over the veggies and combine.
Refrigerate the coleslaw for a couple hours before serving.