Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
Take those strawberries you picked with the kids and turn them into fresh strawberry ice cream. Nothing beats the flavor!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound organic strawberries
- 2-4 TB raw honey depending on the sweetness of your berries – in season berries will not need as much!
- 1 pint whole organic cream Raw preferable. Just NOT ultrapasturized. (If you are dairy free swap it for whole coconut milk!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 TB tapioca starch You can use 4 pastured egg yolks instead if you can tolerate eggs!
- 1 TB organic vodka this helps the ice cream not get rock hard in the freezer
Puree the strawberries with the honey until well combined.
Pour the strawberry mixture and the rest of the ingredients into a medium bowl, and using hand beaters, blend the mixture for just under a minute (The air will make it nice and fluffy but don’t go too long or you will have whipped cream!)
Set the ice cream mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Beat the mixture again quickly to combine, and pour into your ice cream maker according to your ice cream maker’s directions. Mine takes about 30 minutes.
Store ice cream in the freezer. I use empty coconut oil jugs!