Spinach & Sausage Egg Muffins
Egg muffins are a perfect way to make eggs ahead! They reheat well and pack well for lunches, too.
Servings: 6 muffins
- ¼-1/2 lb pastured ground breakfast sausage Depending on how much sausage you want in the muffins. I do make my own sausage blend and add it to plain ground pork.
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 ½ TB whole milk or coconut milk if you are dairy free
- 1 TB organic olive oil
- ¼ tsp aluminum free baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- About a handful of spinach
- Shredded raw cheese of choice to top optional
Pre-heat oven 375 degrees.
Brown the sausage in some butter or coconut oil.
Beat the eggs, milk, olive oil, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
In a well greased (with butter or coconut oil) 6 muffin tin, divide the sausage and spinach in each cup.
Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and sausage.
Top with cheese.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.