Slow Cooker Fiesta Soup
One pot. All in one meal. I usually take about 10 minutes to prep everything before I go to bed the night before so that I can just dump in first thing in the morning!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 ½ to 2 quarts chicken bone broth Depending on if you want a thicker soup or not. I usually go for the 2 quarts to stretch it.
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken from your weekly crockpotted chicken.
- 1 ½ cups sprouted and cooked black beans or one 15 oz can organic black beans
- 1 pint refried beans You could use 1 can organic refried beans – just watch the ingredients
- 1 cup frozen organic corn I get the big bags at Costco. Canned would work too – just stick with organic or your corn is most likely GMO’d
- 16 oz jar organic salsa
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning I use my own blend
- ½ cup uncooked organic long grain white rice
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Handfuls of spinach to wilt in before serving if desired
- Grated raw cheese or whole sour cream to top if desired
Everything in the crockpot EXCEPT the spinach, and cheese or sour cream.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4 hours. Wilt the spinach in before serving if you want that in there and garnish with cheese or sour cream.