Leek and Radish Soup
Radishes contain a lot of Vitamin C, so they make a perfect addition to soup.
Servings: 8 servings
- ¼ cup friendly fat to cook in butter, coconut oil, lard, bacon grease
- 2 large leeks coarsely chopped and rinsed well of sand
- 6 cups whole radishes coarsely chopped (I pulsed them in my processor! Fast!)
- 8 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 quarts chicken bone broth Homemade broth preferable
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper Optional, but the kick of heat is so yummy!
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
Saute the leeks, radishes, and garlic in the butter on medium/high heat for about 15-20 minutes. Add a few big pinches of sea salt to bring out their juices to sweeten.
Add the bone broth, and bring to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
Puree with an immersion blender or in a blender. Add sea salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.