Energy Bars :: Gluten & Dairy Free with Nut and Egg Free Options
When your family is on the go for adventure, take these along. The healthy energy bars will keep them going without using prepackaged goods.
Servings: 16 bars
- 6 ripe bananas pureed
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour If nut free use ½ cup rice flour. They will get too dry if you use more coconut flour IMO but it does work – just use ¼ cup though.
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- 2 cups coconut shreds
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter I get the big tubs of natural peanut butter at Costco. If you are nut free use sunflower seed butter
- 2 eggs If you are egg free use ½ cup fruit puree to bind, OR 2 flax eggs, OR 2 egg replacer eggs.
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup organic raisins I get the big bags of organic raisins at Costco. Could leave out if you want!
Everything into a large mixing bowl and combine.
Spread out onto a coconut oiled (or buttered if you can do dairy) jelly roll pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After cooling a good 15 minutes cut them into bars.