Deconstructed Cabbage Rolls
Skip the boiling and rolling of leaves and just combine everything at once. Same great taste and nutrition.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups cooked organic long grain white rice 1 cup dry (If you are grain free use chopped potatoes!)
- ¼ cup friendly fat to cook in
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ head cabbage sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large tomato seeded and juices scooped out, chopped (OR if it isn’t tomato season and the tomatoes at the store are looking sad, you can use a 15oz can of diced tomatoes)
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken from your weekly chicken See Tips section for how do this – EASY!
- 1-2 tsp all purpose season
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
Sauté the onion and cabbage in the friendly fat until onions and cabbage soften and caramelize a bit. Add a few pinches of sea salt while it’s cooking to bring out their juices and let them sweeten up. This will take a good 10 minutes or longer.
While the onions and cabbage are cooking, cook up your rice in a separate pot.
Add in the rest of the ingredients to the cabbage and onions, and cook through on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
Add the cooked rice when it is done and stir through. Season to taste.