When I made the real food switch a number of years ago, one of the simplest pleasures I found was learning how just a handful of ingredients could make the food that I was used to in a real food way.
Simple & Quick Whipped Cream
Author: Renee - www.raisinggenerationnourished.com
- 1 pint organic whole cream (Raw and grassfed preferable. Try avoiding ultra pasteurized)
- 2-3 TB pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Everything into a medium mixing bowl and beat with hand beaters with a whisk attachment for a 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- This recipe will make a good 3-4 cups of whipped cream. Just half it if you don’t want that much. (Leftovers sure are good in a cup of coffee though! Ahem…moving on…)
- You can freeze a sheet tray of the whipped cream and cut out shapes for your hot cocoa!
- Play with the sweet and extracts to your family’s taste. You can add a tsp or 2 of cocoa if you want a chocolate whipped cream. Peppermint extract if you are adding it to your hot cocoa!
- If you are looking for a great crust to make your favorite pie in try this one!