An encouraging nudge, if you will.
I continue to open my curtains to snow instead of grass morning after morning…and I have had it!
There is nothing I look forward to more as our farmer’s markets start waking up in April than spring veggies! And I decided to put a little spring in our bowls for lunch this weekend!
It was a delicious lunch! Let me know if you give it a shot – and happy spring!
Spring In A Bowl :: A Vegetable Stir Fry
- ¼ cup friendly fat to cook in butter, coconut oil, etc. I used bacon grease from the morning – I implore you to try this because the flavor is amazing when you stir fry in bacon grease!
- 1 medium onion sliced long
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cups radishes quartered
- 1 bunch of asparagus chopped (I’m starting to see them better priced in the store but start check farmer’s markets around mid to late April)
- 1 cup peas I get large bags of frozen organic peas at Costco
- 2 tsp all purpose seasoning
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- In a large fry pan sauté the onion with a few pinches of sea salt to bring out their juices and sweeten. Do this on medium/high for a good 7-10 minutes. This is key – they become very sweet and kid friendly in taste and make the whole thing taste so good!
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the rest of the veggies and the seasoning and cook on medium for about 15 or so minutes until the veggies are cooked, soft, and sweet. Add more friendly fat or a little broth if it feels too dry.
- I served this for lunch with shredded raw cheese on top. We had some leftovers for the next day. You could add some chicken if you want!
- Cut up the pieces smaller if you have little mouths chewing. My girls did fine chewing this size but they are used to it.
- Change up the seasoning to what your family likes! Curry? Italian? Chipotle?
- THIS is my all time favorite All Purpose Seasoning – it is amazing!
- If you are serving this for dinner on a busy day, chop all the veggies the night before! Shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes to cook up once you get home in the evening!