A few years ago I began working on my own BBQ sauce recipe because I had gone without store bought for so long – and I missed it!
Play around with the seasonings to your taste and fire up the grill!
Real Food Summer Picnic Series :: Barbeque Sauce
- ¾ cup organic ketchup Watch ingredients! Our local grocer has an organic store brand with very minimal ingredients, zero preservatives, and is lower in sugar. I do opt for organic since tomatoes are on the dirty dozen and heavily pesticided.
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup organic mustard Watch ingredients! Our local grocer has a great organic store brand with zero preservatives. I do opt for organic to avoid GMO'd vinegar.
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- All ingredients into a container with a lid, combine and store in the fridge! That’s it!
Product links in this section are from affiliate partners. There is no extra cost to you, and it helps maintain the site and provide free content to you! Know that I would never recommend a product that I wouldn’t use or feed my family!
- The recipe makes up a pint container and keeps very well in the fridge for weeks to use! Half it if you don’t want as much though!
- THIS is the chipotle powder I use although I find it is best priced at my local grocer.
- Let me know if you give it a shot at your next barbeque!