Vibrant color and full of fresh, in season summer flavor in just 10 minutes for an Instant Pot kid friendly summer soup!
Product links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
Some say summer isn’t really soup season and I totally beg to differ!
I make the same if not more soup in the summer because, oh! The variety of veggies available! I live in the equivalent of a frozen tundra during the winter months, and while our local grocer has a variety of veggies from around the country, I can’t always afford the out of season pricing.
But summer! Oh how I love our farmer’s markets and grocers in the summer!
Pennies on the dollar you can create the most amazing flavor profiles on super nourishing soups for the whole family.
This is the time of year not only to train your little one’s taste palates to seasonal produce, it is also the time of year to take advantage of seasonal pricing and stock up your freezer. Come January it is so nice to pull out a jar of summer vegetable soup to warm up to.
This summer I have been playing around with my Instant Pot for our summer soups, and let me tell you – this has been such a game changer for me.
Not only does it save me heating up the house with a pot of soup, it also saves me time. Contrary to what most may think of me, I don’t, in fact, love being around my kitchen all day. Especially when it comes summer. I have to soak in all that precious daylight and warmth that I can before our snow season comes back!
Super rough chop and blend it all down is the name of my game for these seasonal veggie soup.
Not only is this method very time saving, it makes for a delicious, sweet blended flavor as well as making it very kid friendly to serve. Pour a little in a small tea cup with a small straw and serve it to those first foods babies and toddlers – they will slurp up every last drop! Pack it up in the school lunch thermoses to give those growing kids a yummy mineral boost to finish off their school afternoon.
This recipe is super forgiving – I haven’t made it the same way twice because there are so many great summer veggies to try!
Here is a list of great in season summer veggies to use in your summer veggie soup!
- Summer Squash
- Green Beans
- Bell peppers of all colors
- Hot peppers (you can scoop the ribs/seeds out to eliminate the heat – jalapenos are actually nice and sweet!)
- Tomatoes & Heirloom Tomatoes
- Shelling peas/beans
- New potatoes
- Summer herbs such as basil, dill, and parsley
- Corn (this is a grain, so if you are grain free just leave this out!)
Instant Pot Summer Vegetable Soup
- 2 quarts bone broth
- 1 medium onion peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 small/medium eggplant coarsely sliced into rounds
- 2 large tomatoes seeded and coarsely sliced
- 1 medium zucchini coarsely sliced into rounds (green beans work well here too)
- 1 medium summer squash coarsely sliced into rounds
- 1 cup corn We have a non-GMO organic farmer we buy from or use Costco's organic frozen corn. If you cannot have corn or grain, you can swap this for a couple of sweet carrots or potatoes!
- 1/2-1 cup green beans I just grabbed a quick handful from the garden - no chopping just threw them in!
- 1 small orange bell pepper seeded and coarsely sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and coarsely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped, or 2-3 tsp dried basil
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Everything into the Instant Pot, put the lid on, and close the valve.
- Push the "Soup" setting and bring the time down manually to 10 minutes. It will turn on automatically and take about 15 minutes to come to pressure before the 10 minutes counts down.
- When the soup Instant Pot is done cooking, release the valve to let the pressure out, remove the lid, and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Add sea salt and pepper to your taste.