A real food, tallow based healing and moisturizing balm, Crunchy balm is perfectly safe for babies to adults with results you will love!
Product links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” I was provided product in this post for review purposes. Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
I think these days we can all pretty much agree that it isn’t just the ingredients in the food we eat that is important…the ingredients in the products we put on our body is pretty important too!
Our skin is the largest organ on our bodies and anything you put on it absorbs into your body. Flip over that bottle of soap or lotion you apply to yourself and your kids day in and day out and you have a list of every healthy ingredient or harmful chemical entering their body.
Luckily, there are so many easy personal care switches you can make, and one of the first I made was using grassfed tallow on my skin and on my babies. Years ago I read in the book Nourishing Traditions, that the saturated fats in grassfed tallow give cell membranes the “necessary stiffness and integrity” necessary for proper function, and after a few days of using tallow on my face before bed I could absolutely tell.
Tallow is gently rendered beef fat.
Our ancestors frequently used tallow to moisturize and protect their skin, yet somewhere along the way we were led to believe that plant-based products were superior, although their chemistry does not match our skin well. Though plant based oils and butters can be great, animal products (like tallow) offer your skin a unique set of nutrients like vitamins A,D, E, and K in perfect harmony with their activators as well as anti-inflammatory CLA.
OK…so you are asking me to smell like a cow all day?!
Well, at first I totally did. I was not an expert DIY’er so I didn’t have a clue how to make it smell…less cattle like! I made my tallow and slathered it on. And you know what? I am still not an expert DIY’er in the least! Which is why I nearly flipped when my amazingly talented friend Emilie from Crunchy Balm sent me her handmade “tallow balm” that did not…I repeat…did NOT smell like a cow!
It was also not rock hard from being in the fridge, and absorbed much better. It truly feels like pampering, and after literally a decade of not using store bought skin care products to avoid toxic chemicals, I have enjoyed every minute of getting to pamper myself with skin care that not only smells amazing and is not toxic, but it works!
3 Crunchy Balm Ingredients! That’s it!
- 100% grass-fed Tallow :: The tallow in the balm is only sourced from grass-fed cows pastured on organically grown grass, which results in tallow that is rich in nutrients and free of pesticides and other toxins. Man-made toxins found in conventionally raised cows makes the fat from non-organic cows unfit to nourish your skin. Tallow nourishes your skin. It is health promoting and has a cumulative effect, which means the more you use it, the more soft and supple your skin becomes.
- Organic USA Olive Oil :: Olive oil is superb for moisturizing the skin, containing 3 major antioxidants and hydroxytyrosol which prevents free radical damage to the skin. Because olive oil is very easily cut with cheaper oils and sold as olive oil, Crunchy Balm only sources organic USA grown and made olive oil.
- Essential Oils :: All of the essential oils used Crunchy Balm products are of the highest quality grade. These therapeutic essential oils are carefully selected for their skin restoring properties. Far from the common “fragrance oils” commonly found in subpar cosmetic products, these plant essential oils can cause various neurochemicals to be released in the brain for true aromatherapy. (For those sensitive to essential oils on the skin, the Unscented Crunchy Balm is just the whipped tallow and olive oil – it is super smooth and creamy just like the scented too!)
Crunchy Balm‘s Purity
Crunchy Balms are non-comodogenic, naturally abundant in vitamins A, D, E & K, sustainably sourced, and handcrafted.
All 3 Crunchy Balms are free from:
- petroleum based ingredients
- artificial colors, ingredients, or fragrances
Crunchy Balm is going to make the best birthday gift, stocking stuffer, Valentine’s Day gift, Mother’s Day gifts….and gift to yourself this year!
Which is why Emilie was so gracious enough to give RGN readers a discount code so you can stock up for a year of gift giving as well as self care! Simply fill that cart up to the brim and use the code RGN16 at checkout to get 10% off your order! You can click the image below to get shopping! (coupon expires 10/31/2016)
Find Crunchy Balm online!