I promise this one comes together super fast. They keep fresh in the fridge a good week or so OR freeze up great individually. I love them straight out of the freezer. Or pull them out frozen and into the cooler for a day at the zoo, beach, or park!
Energy Bars :: Gluten & Dairy Free with Nut and Egg Free Options
Author: Renee - www.raisinggenerationnourished.com
- 6 ripe bananas, pureed
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour (If nut free use ½ cup rice flour. They will get too dry if you use more coconut flour IMO but it does work – just use ¼ cup though.)
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- 2 cups coconut shreds
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I get the big tubs of natural peanut butter at Costco. If you are nut free use sunflower seed butter)
- 2 eggs (If you are egg free use ½ cup fruit puree to bind, OR 2 flax eggs, OR 2 egg replacer eggs.)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup organic raisins (I get the big bags of organic raisins at Costco. Could leave out if you want!)
- Everything into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Spread out onto a coconut oiled (or buttered if you can do dairy) jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After cooling a good 15 minutes cut them into bars.
- Double batch and store in the freezer!
- I packed one of these up for my preschooler’s school snack every once and a while.
- Change out the raisins for other dried fruit if you want! This summer as we begin our berry picking I will be dehydrating some to use in baking like this!
- You could use THESE better choice chocolate chips if you want! It would make the bars not refined sugar free but it’s a fun addition every once and a while.
- HERE is a safe sunbutter without added rancid oils if you are nut free.
- I get my tapioca flour, coconut flour, almond flour, and sorghum flour either on Amazon or local health food store depending on what is priced best – this does change at least for me so I always price check.
- Be sure your baking powder is aluminum free – we don’t need to be filling our babes with metals!