Strawberry Birthday Cake :: Gluten, Egg, Nut, & Dye Free
Author: Renee - www.raisinggenerationnourished.com
- STRAWBERRY CAKE ::
- • 2 cups white rice flour
- • 1 cup tapioca flour
- • ½ cup brown rice flour
- • 1¾ cups of organic pure cane sugar
- • 2 tsp of baking soda
- • 2 tsp of xanthan gum
- • 1 tsp of salt
- • 1 cup whole milk or coconut milk
- • 1 cup pureed strawberries
- • ½ cup of olive oil
- • 2 TB of apple cider vinegar
- • 1 TB of vanilla
- STRAWBERRY CREAM FROSTING ::
- • 1 cup softened butter
- • 3 cups organic powdered pure cane sugar
- • ¼ cup pureed strawberries
- Butter two 9 inch cake pans and line the bottom of both with parchment paper. (I just trace the bottom of the pan on the paper and cut).
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, sugar, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt.
- In a medium bowl, blend the milk, strawberry puree, oil, vanilla, and vinegar with hand beaters. Do NOT leave out the vinegar – I know it is a weird ingredient but it reacts with the baking soda to help with the rise!
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine. I started with hand beaters and finished with a spatula.
- Pour into buttered cake pans. The batter is thick and kinda sticky just FYI.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Check the cakes at the 25 minute mark though in case our ovens run differently.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Then take the cakes out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cakes are completely cooled you can make your frosting. Just put all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and beat with hand beaters until smooth.
- You will need to grab a pound of strawberries to use between the cake and the frosting. If you plan to make the butterflies for the top you’ll need another half pound.
- Here is the *perfect* strawberry ice cream to go with your strawberry cake!
- Looking for another cake idea? Try this chocolate birthday cake I made for my other daughter earlier this spring!