Product links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site! Please know I would never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
Well romaine lettuce happens to be, by far, my most favorite salad green. And my husband and I just adore Caesar salad.
- 1 pastured egg yolk (See tips section if you are egg free!)
- 1-2 tsp organic mustard (watch those ingredients!)
- Juice of ½ a lemon (about 1 TB)
- ½ cup avocado oil (Could also do ¼ cup avocado oil and ¼ cup olive oil)
- ¼ cup whole sour cream (see tips section if you are dairy free!)
- ¼ cup grated organic parmesan (Raw if available. See tips section if you are dairy free!)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (Or more if you want more heat!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Everything into a pint jar and use an immersion blender to emulsify!
- If you don’t have an immersion blender you could add everything but the oil to a food processor and add the oil in slowly through the top drip opening to emulsify.
- This makes a little over half pint of dressing which is perfect for sending with my husband to work to keep in the fridge there for his salads for a week. Just double up if you want more! If I know all of us will be eating it I will double up into a quart jar and send half along with my husband to work.
- If you are egg free, it should work to just keep the yolk out and maybe use an extra scoop of sour cream.
- If you are dairy free, you can use coconut yogurt or coconut milk instead of the sour cream. And for the parm you have a couple options. Many people who can’t have cow dairy can have sheep or goat milk – so you could use Pecorino Romano which is a sheep milk cheese. Look in the gourmet cheese section at your grocer if you don’t have a cheesemaker near you. Feta could work although is a softer cheese. If you can’t have that then I would just leave out the cheese. You may have to add more sea salt to create the taste of the cheese.
- An immersion blender really does work best for the dressing if you are wanting to go fast! Just emulsify it right up in the jar! No mess! My food processor works as well, you just have to drizzle the oil in slowly with the drip top.
- Don’t forget the kids! The girls *love* Caeaser salad – and I ordered these stainless steel condiment containers for my oldest’s lunchbox this fall. I can pack her a salad
and she can pour on the dressing herself!
Tell me how the family likes the dressing when you try it!
This post was shared at Fat Tuesday!